British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba
Martin Human Resource Services has a number of clients in the transportation and truck maintenance and repair industries who regularly require our assistance in recruiting truck and trailer mechanics (journeymen and apprentices) to diagnose, overhaul, adjust, and repair a variety of makes and models of motor truck and trailer equipment.
Typical Responsibilities Include:
Perform all duties involved in the inspection, testing, diagnosis and repair of gas and diesel engines:
- Power train – differentials, transmissions, clutches, fuel injections systems, drive shafts, PTO’s and wheel ends,
- Electrical systems including starters and alternators, HVAC systems, steering systems, refrigeration systems,
- Electronics systems including ECM’s, ECU’s, sensors, breaks, etc.,
- Brake systems including ABS,
- Suspension systems (spring and air).
Perform all levels of preventive maintenance services
Perform routine maintenance – change oil, check batteries, lubricate equipment and machinery, adjust and reline brakes, align wheels, and reassemble equipment
Identify and document warrantable repairs
- Three or more years of practical experience with tractor trailer maintenance
- Heavy Duty Truck Mechanic License (3rd and 4th year apprentices will be considered)
- Current driver’s license class D or class 3 with air brake certification or ability to obtain it
- Basic computer skills
We at Martin Human Resource services are experts at connecting trades candidates and employers. By simply submitting your resume, you open the door to employment opprtunities across Western Canada.
We will forward your resume to our clients only with your approval.